17 June 2008

Day Two with Three Kids

Today went pretty well, too, at least from my point of view. Megan looks at me funny each time I tell her no, or make her do something she doesn't want to do, like take a nap. I think she's confused, because I've never been "mean" to her before! I tried to explain that this week I have to be in loco parentis, but she didn't even try to understand.

We had a fun time and Megan is more used to me now, so she is more cuddly and runs to me when she needs "saving" from something. She has a great time with Aidan and Esme and they have been SO helpful and kind. They help me without moaning and groaning, and actually seem happy to be helping out!

That little girl can put away the food. She is definitely eating more than Esme! For breakfast she had a slice of toast and a BIG scoop of pineapple, and a sippy cup of milk. At lunchtime she ate three slices of deli ham, a cheese stick, a bowl of carrots and a bowl of strawberries, and sucked the milk right down. For dinner she ate and ate and ate. She had half a chicken patty, three big scoops of yellow beans, and a big serving of strawberries and pineapple, with milk of course. At snacktime it was blueberries and a cheese stick. She never hesitated, all day. When she asked for more milk at bedtime, I told her she had already brushed her teeth, so no more milk. She said, "I have water." It's a good thing she's growing so fast and running so ragged!

Megan still misses her Mommy, and said "love you, Daddy" on the phone to Scott when he called. Scott will be here tomorrow evening to spend a bit of time with his little gem. Cathy has reached Barcelona safely; next stop, Pamplona - and no, she won't be running with the bulls!