This morning I came down and turned on my computer to check Outlook for the VBS starting time. (No, I really can't remember anything unless it's written down in my schedule.) I got nothing. "DELL........." stuck on my screen for a long time, and then I got a lot of white writing on a black background but no "Microsoft WINDOWS......." Freaked me right out. The last time something like that happened I lost a whole hard drive.
These days I back up more often and better, but STILL!!! Anyway, My Hero, James William Lowry, took a look at my computer, and when he cracked it open to check the connections, he found a whole colony of dust bunnies living on top of the main hard drive. A bit of Can O Air and I'm back in business. So it really is true that one's computer can get so dirty it won't work anymore.
In my defense, the OUTSIDE looked perfectly clean...