11 April 2008

New & Exciting Entertainment...

Coming in July is Kate Dicamillo's latest Mercy Watson adventure: Mercy Watson Thinks Like a Pig. Visit Kate Dicamillo's website to learn more. When last we saw Mercy, she was wearing a princess costume and coming off a Halloween Butter Barrel binge. We can't wait to see what she'll do next!

By some cosmic accident, I found out about the new Doctor Who spinoff just hours before the series premiere aired on SCIFI this evening, and so managed to get it on DVR. The Sarah Jane Adventures seems to have been written either by or for my dad, or possibly both! I know he's always liked Sarah Jane, so I hope he enjoys the new show.

In related news, the fourth season of Doctor Who premieres next week on SCIFI - April 18 at 8:00 p.m.

Speaking of entertainment, the children were forbidden to use their computers for a full week - from Friday last week until today. They have been getting in touch with all their "old" toys and having more fun than they've had in months of screen time. Today they were both allowed one hour on their computers - and no one complained when the hour was up. They both quit and shut down, then went on about their Legos, Groovy Girls, and increased artwork production. See, it wasn't that bad!

Also in entertainment news, Aidan and Esme have had a lovely introduction to The Muppet Show. They watched a few episodes from the first season at Grandpa and Grandma's house early in the week, and since then have watched a few more at home. I guess a couple years ago when I bought that DVD, they just weren't ready. Now Aidan LOVES it - he laughs and laughs. And Esme plays along - she at least gets most of the physical humor, anyway! Hooray for old-time fun!