01 November 2011

California Vacation - Day Six

Just a small sample of the available choices for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Blueberries, peaches, gooseberries, hard-boiled eggs.


Already feeling a bit nostalgic for our vacation destination, I took this picture of palm trees and the warm blue sky outside our hotel while the kids and I waited for Jim to get another cup of Starbucks and bring the car around.


The morning after: we arrived home on Thursday night about 10:30 pm. This in itself was already two hours past the childrens' bedtime, and we were all completely jet lagged, so I let the kids sleep in on Friday morning and took them to school in time for lunch Friday. Here's Aidan on Friday morning about 9:30 am.


And Esme about the same time. It's taken us until now (Tuesday) to really recover from the jet lag. I'm finally able to get up without feeling horrible at 6 am, and able to fall asleep at night before midnight. The kids are adjusting as well - just in time for daylight savings time to end on Sunday...