Monday I spent most of the day working on genealogy stuff - transcribing the guardianship records that arrived over the weekend from Fort Wayne, and researching the families to which they applied. In all three cases, I knew very little about the children who were given guardians, nor about their parents...and in all three cases the guardianship papers cleared up a lot of questions. I also sent off for a few Michigan records that I wasn't able to find last week at the library.
Today I worked a long time on a possible new website for Mom's quilt shop - Quilt-n Friends in Sterling Heights. It's temporarily being tested here: http://www.stainedglassaccents.com/quiltnfriends/index.html. If anyone has any helpful advice for the layout (which is a little obnoxious - there is too much text on the index page)
Cover of Science Fair
The kids are so far enjoying their vacation. We've visited the library Mondays, and they've picked out good books which they've devoured. Esme has read Julie's Journey (an American Girl story) and has nearly finished Misty's Twilight - these are both books about horses. She has a couple of stories waiting in the wings - The Jade Dragon and Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse. Aidan read every word of the Star Wars Encyclopedia from Dorling Kindersley last week, and all of a two-in-one Star Wars book. Now he is reading Science Fair by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson - he's enjoying it so much he's nearly already finished it!
I've just about finished rereading the whole Harry Potter series in preparation for the movie for #6 coming out next month. Up next for me is Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia, which was lent to me by a friend at church.
I'm also trying out a new thing with Blogger called Zemanta - which lets me link to things I'm writing about, and add pertinent pictures. Is it annoying, or useful?