My "dear" brother left a message on our voice mail this morning, while Jim was on a business call and I was on the treadmill: "I have news. Call me."
"News" at this point, given that Cathy was in premature labor a couple of weeks ago, seemed obvious, so as soon as I got off the treadmill, I called Scott's cell phone. No answer. I called Mom and Dad at home. No answer. I called Mom's cell phone. No answer. I called my sister in Minnesota, who knew nothing and who is now really mad that I disturbed her twice while she was trying to get ready for work. I called Scott a few more times. No answer. I called his home phone, which Cathy answered. "News? What news?"
Duh. April Fool - as if I needed telling.
It must be said that while we do KNOW today is April Fool's day, it is also Jim's birthday...and that is how we think of it around here. Jim's niece's baby is due today, also, so I think we should be forgiven our stupidity.
Happy good wishes to Cathy and Jenilee, and we'll look forward to the times Emily and Chloe decide to arrive.