Miss Esme's report card is perfect. Absolutely perfect. Ones (1=mastery) in all academic areas, slashes (/=satisfactory) in all work habits/social development/fine motor skills. We are very proud of her.
Master Aidan's report card is also terrific. He received an A- in reading, an A in writing, an A in spelling, and an A in math. He received twos (2=capable) in word choice and sentence fluency in the writing category; a two for "demonstrates appropriate verbal and non-verbal speaking skills", and twos in geometry. Everything else was ones. We understand the twos in writing (his writing tends to the onomatopoeic - lots of "crash!") but are puzzled about the geometry and will discuss that with his teacher. We are very proud of him.
Though I thought I was finished with the editing of Don DeJong's third book, about the early businessmen in Lowell, apparently I'm not. This project continues to frustrate and annoy me. I had it perfect - but smaller margins and larger pictures were requested. This is not a matter of a few simple changes, because it drastically changes all the page layouts and forces me to reevaluate the whole book - not to mention fix the table of contents and index, every time a change is made. After I finished that, I found a new phone message that requested still more changes. Grrrr.
Jim is working in Flint and Troy this week on a project with GMAC. Next week he will start a longer-term project with the U. S. Department of Education in Washington, DC. His new billable-projectified schedule is an answer to prayer.
We spent a day with Grandma and Grandpa at their house on Thursday last week, which was very nice.
We also had a lovely Easter dinner with Grandma Margie, Uncle Eddie and Mariah at home; then Jim and Ed hid a bunch of eggs outside for the kids to find. They had a blast, tearing all around the yard trying to find the most. I have pictures...but they're still in the camera! I promise to post them with the next update.