Well, it wasn't just what Aidan ate!
Aidan continued to feel better last Sunday and Monday, but he stayed home from school on Monday as he still hadn't had anything substantial to eat, so he needed rest and some work on the menu. Monday night Esme came down with the 'flu, too. Poor little girl said at one point, "I hate to throw up." About twenty minutes after she started being sick, Jim did too. So I spent the first half of the night cleaning up, and then started feeling sick myself. Fortunately I never threw up, just had a high fever, felt weak and had the dizzies. Tuesday both kids stayed home from school - Aidan had a sore throat and Esme had been throwing up AND had a sore throat. I needed to take them to the doctor but couldn't!
Anyway, we were all improving by Wednesday (thank goodness that was a vacation day anyway) so I took the kids to the doctor, they had a positive strep culture, and they started antibiotics.
Thursday we had a lovely relaxing Thanksgiving with Jim's family at his mom's house. Friday Jim caught up on work and the kids and I caught up on chores around the house - eight- and five-year-olds really can handle some pretty big responsibilities. Aidan scrubbed the basement shower to a very high standard, vacuumed the whole house, and helped out with scrubbing the bare floors. Esme helped with the laundry and picked up and put away lots of toys and other things. Without their help, I never would have been able to catch up on housework in one day!
Saturday we spent with the McEowens in Indiana. We had a delicious lunch at the nursing home with the whole family and were still able to spend an hour with the cousins at Uncle Dave and Aunt Vonda's house. Grandma is doing okay and we treasure the time we had to spend with her.
Today Jim is getting ready to head to Chicago tonight, the kids are relaxing with their computers, and I am working on my Very Large Stack of paperwork of all sorts - household management, Christmas things, Juanita's website, genealogy (my own and others'), etc., etc. I just might be able to see my desk by Friday...maybe!
We all thank God for making us Americans and free, for making us a family, and for providing for all our needs. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!