Yesterday was our house's two-year anniversary. We moved in on 25 August 2006. It has sure been a terrific two years! After we moved in and got most things put away, the first thing we did was celebrate Esme's third birthday! Now she's almost five. We're looking forward to celebrating her birthday on Sunday - Esme was born on a Sunday, too!
I have been working for pay the last couple of weeks, for the first time in eight years! Thanks to my Glander book, apparently the word is out. A friend of one of the folks who bought my book called me back in July, asking if I would do some genealogy research for her, as the professional in Utah she'd hired wasn't producing satisfactory results. So I've worked 25 hours on four branches of her family so far and she says she's very pleased. Tell your friends, folks! What fun - AND I'm at home where the chicklets need me.
In addition to getting the kids ready for school, doing research, and all the usual housework and everything, I've also been plugging away at getting photos scanned. I have only two albums and six boxes left - I started with probably sixteen albums and six boxes, so I've come a long way. I've scanned and catalogued probably over 4,500 pictures. Gosh, we have a lot of pictures of cats. But there are still more of the kids!