We've entered a new era at our house - the elementary school era. True, Aidan has been in elementary school for three years already. But in a couple of weeks, both children will be in elementary school. I think the biggest indicator of the elementary school era for us is that we hosted a sleepover last night. Aidan's friend Mason came over and stayed with us last night - the first time ever that a child not in our own family has stayed overnight with us!
We picked Mason up at his house after dinner, and then the boys and Esme helped me make M&M cookies, which we had for a bedtime snack. After Esme went to bed, Aidan and Mason had popcorn and watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. They went to bed around 11:45 p.m. and probably talked for a long time before going to sleep...but I wouldn't know, because I put them in the guest room where I couldn't hear them, and then went to sleep myself!!! They were up at 7 a.m., the crazy kids.
Today I made waffles for breakfast and the boys played with lightsabers, Legos, video games, and even played baseball in the backyard. Grandma Margie was sweet enough to take us all out to a Panera lunch, and then the kids played outside (bikes, remote control cars, etc.) until Mason's mom came to pick him up. It was a good time - and actually very easy!
The kids just got their last WebKinz until at least Christmas. They really love playing with them both virtually and in reality, but it's just getting ridiculous. So (though Esme will probably be getting one more for her birthday - that one is just to bring up her total to equal Aidan's!) NO MORE for a while!!! Anyway, they purchased these with their own allowance. Aidan has a LilKinz blue jay called Dart, and Esme has a LilKinz black & white dog named Dorothy (Dot for short).