Last night was a long one!
Jim was in St. Louis on business.
Aidan had a sore throat that required the use of Motrin before he could sleep, which he thankfully did, all night.
Esme woke up at 9:15 p.m., screaming. Upon investigation, I discovered that she thoroughly believed there were bunches of people in her room, trying to put Band-Aids on her, and she didn't want any Band-Aids. You see, when Esme has a fever, she has either hallucinations or nightmares, depending on her state of consciousness. It's scary. Her fever was about 101 degrees, so I gave her Motrin and Aidan and I got her calmed down and back to sleep, but it took a while.
At about 1:00 a.m., Esme no longer had a fever, so there was no screaming, but she came into my room to tell me that her ear was hurting really bad. I gave her some Tylenol and she went back to bed.
At about 5:00 a.m., Megan woke up screaming. She is thankfully not sick, had no fever or anything, but she didn't have her pajama pants on anymore and was sad about something or other. So I changed her and put her pants back on and rocked her for a while until she was ready to go back to bed.
Aidan got up about 7:00 and went downstairs to play video games. Esme got up a couple of minutes later still complaining of an earache, so I gave her some more Motrin and she went back to sleep for a little bit.
Aidan and Esme didn't go to Bible School this morning - they went to the doctor, instead. Aidan has the ubiquitous sinus infection, and Esme has an ear infection that burst and is draining. It is pretty gross, and she hurts pretty bad, too. They are both on antibiotics now. Megan, fortunately, seems to be fine, and even better than when she arrived Sunday night with a runny nose.
I am looking forward to my next night of uninterrupted sleep, whenever that might be.