On Sunday after church, lunch and homework, the kids helped to do a little spring cleaning in the yard. It was good to get outside again, and soon the grass will be green and the air will be warm...
Uncle Shawn and Aunt Lori gave Esme some new Play-Doh stuff for Easter - and so the kids had a little Play-Doh fest after they were done cleaning up outdoors. Wow, we have a lot of Play-Doh.
After Play-Doh time, the boys went to play Re-Volt while Esme and I fixed French toast and bacon for supper. Esme's a great whisk-er.

Jim took some great photos of the butterflies at Frederik Meijer Gardens.
Here are the kids sticking out of the sunroof of the car at Houseman's - we had ice cream on their opening day!

This is the only way we EVER get five bars...
This is the only way we EVER get five bars...
A note on the pictures at the Gardens from Jim:
A note on the butterfly photos taken at the Frederick Meijer Gardens: I typically take photos that are actually in focus. At the Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park, the photo policy prohibits individuals from using a flash or a tripod or monopod. Therefore, use of the 300mm zoom lens is a little trickier, especially when photographing moving objects. I hope you enjoy the photos anyway and I hope you have an opportunity to see the butterfly exhibit for yourself; it really is quite fabulous!